Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Colds

Day 6, 13th Moon, Civil Year 3760

I don't know what it is about winter colds, but even I get them. Yeshua, heal thyself! Ha ha. Seriously, I hate post-nasal drip. And this cough has GOT to go. Probably by tomorrow, though. There are advantages to being me. Still, all the disciples have it. Peter's mother-in-law has it. Heck, everyone has it. And it's not going to kill anybody, so I made the executive decision to just let Nature take its course. What the heck.

There are nice things that can be done for winter colds, though. I'm good with the wine, and I've discovered that warming it a bit with some heartier spirits and spices makes for a great drink to soothe a sore throat. I think I'll call it Glögg. I don't know where that came from. It certainly isn't Hebrew. It certainly isn't Latin. But it fits, somehow. Now if I could only figure out what to call that egg mixture I came up with...

All right, I'll cut to the chase. Here's today's Love 'n Peace message:
You don't have to worry about anything. It's tempting to worry, I know—worry about losing something, or not having enough, or even worrying about death. Please don't worry. God loves you unconditionally and will support you always and forever. If you trust, you will always have what you need. Trust is the magical key that opens the gates of your abundance. Trust!
Part of trusting is acceptance, too. Sometimes, stuff happens to you that doesn't look on the outside like it has anything to do with your highest good. Don't judge it! Let it be what it is. Its gifts will reveal themselves to you in time, even if there is some pain involved. Illness and loss don't feel good, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a higher purpose at work in them. Trust the process of life! God is supporting you in every moment and loving you in every moment. And the more you are able to do this, the easier it gets.
Okay, now I'm off to make some chicken soup for everybody. It's a funny thing. Sometimes, the right thing to do is to heal them with a touch, and sometimes the right thing is to make chicken soup.

Love and peace and good health you!

Yeshua Ben-Joseph


Previous Comments:

Simon:  What did he just say?

John:  Is he saying that we should never fight against injustice? What's all this acceptance talk?

Simon:  That can't be right. I think it's code for "lie quietly like a lamb and trust that the moment of REVOLUTION will make itself known to you."

Matthew:  I like the lamb metaphor... Maybe the lamb is a lion in sheep's clothing! Lamb... lion... I can make this work.

Yeshua:  Whoa. I think you might be missing the point. Everything is in divine order right now. If you want change, Trust is the engine of that change. When you trust and stop judging what you see, the Love of God is able to work its miracles in the world. You don't have to DO anything, because God will take care of it for you.

Simon:  Soooo, you're saying that we should just be happy that the Romans have conquered our lands and are mistreating our people, then? Rabbi, this is just not going to work. Please be serious. When are you going to use your power to expel the Romans? Come on now, joke's over.

Yeshua:  I love you, Simon. I'm never going to lift a hand in violence against my brothers or sisters.

Simon:  Brothers and sisters? That's crazy talk. They're Gentiles!

Peter:  Rabbi, can I help you make the soup? I got some great ideas from HGTV last night, and I've got some lovely cilantro that will make it just perfect.

Phar-i-C:  Trust and acceptance is such crap!

JudasI:  SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!!

Phar-i-C:  @JudasI in silver we trust? :)

Monychangrrr:  KOSHER CHICKEN on sale at Bernie's in the market! Buy 2 get 1 half off!!! Today only!

Publius Severus:  You must have a food permit to prepare soup for more than 11 people.

Peter:  @Publius Severus - Why 11? Why not 10? Or 12? 11 makes no sense!

Publius Severus:  The exact number is subject to change according to the judgment of Caesar's representative.

Peter:  Oh, for... fine, stop by in 2 hours, and I'll give you a bowl and the usual.

Publius Severus:  I trust it will be Syrah today?

No comments:

Post a Comment