Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shopping

Day 22, 12th Moon, Civil Year 3760

I was out and about in the big city today and noticed a lot of folks are shopping at this time of year. The market was busy, and traffic was terrible. It's bad enough trying to squeeze your way through a throng without having to watch for camel poop. I only have the one pair of sandals, after all. But I was determined to get to the market, because I had a yen for some goat cheese, and I really do need a new robe. This one has holes in it from all the groupies grabbing on and pulling at it all the time.

While making the rounds, I overheard someone say, "It's hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Seriously, it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." I observed the person who said this, and afterward, he went over to the Best Buy tent and bought a Wii. So it got me to thinking. Which leads me to today's Love 'n Peace message:
The natural state of God is abundance. Therefore, this is your natural state, too. God is abundant! You are abundant! If you allow yourself to be. You do not have to deserve it. You do not have to do anything special or be anyone special. Let me put it this way:
Let's say God has a son, and one of them says, "Mom/Dad, give me my inheritance now, because I want to see the world." So God does that, gives him his entire legacy. And the son goes out into the world and blows all his money in Vegas. Then, being broke, he goes to work on a factory farm, but as an illegal immigrant, he doesn't get paid much of anything and has no rights. And this son is really hungry and in great want. Desperate, he decides to return home and grovel for forgiveness, because he is certain that he really screwed the pooch. But Mom and Dad are very happy to see him, and they embrace him and give him a leg of lamb and good beer and some really nice threads to wear, because he is their son, and they love him unconditionally. He believes he screwed up, and they say, "No problem! We love you and are glad you are home again."
I'm telling you this story because YOU ARE this prodigal son—or daughter. You may believe that you are not deserving, that you have done bad things, or that you are unlovable. And I say that none of this is true. You are still God's perfect child, and you will always be, and there is nothing that you can do, think, or say to make God stop loving you. And you absolutely deserve all of the good things in life. Everyone does. There is enough of God to go around! There is enough abundance for everyone! So I say, open for God a door as big as a needle's eye, and I will open for you a door through which may enter tents and camels.
Well, I better rush off. Looks like Menken's is getting ready to close. I'd like to find something besides a white robe, if possible. I don't know what it is about white. Everybody thinks I should wear white. I just want a little color. Magenta, maybe.

Love and peace, dear ones!

Yeshua Ben-Joseph


Previous Comments:

Simon:  I give up. Rabbi... the rich guys are the problem. Hellooo, revolution calling. The poor don't want to hear this kind of talk. They know they don't deserve riches. If everybody deserved riches and could be rich, then who would rule? I ask you.

Matthew:  Rabbi, did you catch that guy's name at the market? I'd like to talk to him.

John:  I don't understand about the camels. Why are camels in this story?

Yeshua:  The camels are just symbolic. God is abundant! Many things are abundance! Money, yes, and food, clothing, and shelter, but also friends and family and other resources. God's abundance shows itself in many ways! Appreciate what you have! Be grateful and watch it multiply.

John:  So, the camels symbolize Swiss bank accounts? Is that it?

Phar-i-C:  Abundance is such crap! Poor people are just lazy and deserve what they get.

JudasI:  SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!!

Phar-i-C:  @JudasI  contract is heading your way

Monychangrrr:  GREAT DEALS! Join Groupon Jerusalem today!

MaryM:  @Yeshua I think you're totally hot in green. Just sayin'.

Publius Severus:  It is the DUTY of every shopper to render unto Caesar a SALES TAX of 29% on every purchase, or at minimum to provide a flagon of wine to His Loyal Servants if you don't have the cash. See me personally to settle your account. (There is no need to involve other Citizens of the Empire.)

Peter:  Does the sales tax include sweaters?

No comments:

Post a Comment