Friday, December 3, 2010

Oops

Day 20, 12th Moon, Civil Year 3760

Some days, you just react against your better judgment. We all have those kinds of days, including me. I went up to the Temple and saw traders doing what they always do:  trying to make a buck. There's nothing wrong with earning a living, but let's just say that some go about it with more integrity than others. And I'm not here to judge anybody, but it bothered me that this was going on in a holy place, a place dedicated to the pursuit of the spiritual, to experiencing Spirit. It seemed to me that a pilgrim in that space was particularly vulnerable to making bad business decisions, and some people wanted to take advantage of that fact. So... I lost my temper. Oops.

I could've acted better. It probably wasn't absolutely necessary to pull that guy's beard and call him a son of a goat thief. That wasn't very peaceful of me, and I confess that I'm ashamed of myself. But I also forgive myself. I love me, and I forgive me unconditionally. What's done is done, and I will now move forward.

Still, I suppose it was, as they say frequently in Jerusalem these days, a "teachable moment." With that in mind, here's my Love 'n Peace message for today:
You can't vanquish darkness by fighting against it. You just can't. For one thing, darkness is part of God—because everything is God. So fighting against the darkness is the same thing as fighting God. Confusing? Look at it like this:  there is nothing that is not God. Nothing. But this is all our Creation! It's our story that we're telling. It's our collective illusion. And in that illusion, we create constantly. Fear creates darkness; Love creates Light. Fear says we must fight something or lose out or get hurt. But fighting something actually feeds it and makes it stronger, because you are validating it in the illusion and making it more real. If you don't want war, then don't fight against war—that just validates war. March for peace! Live for peace! Focus on peace! And be peaceful in yourself so that peace will increase. Which means you probably shouldn't pull other people's beards and call them names.
It's been a long day. I need to move some energy. I think I'll go levitate for awhile, then catch up with Mary and the guys over some wine. Life is good! Enjoy it.

Love and peace, dear ones!

Yeshua Ben-Joseph


Previous Comments:

Simon:  Where did THAT come from? Yo, Rabbi, you cannot be a peaceful Messiah. You're supposed to raise an army and drive out the bloody Romans. What the hell.

JudasI:  I thought I signed on for a revolution. Aren't we going to kill Romans?

Peter:  @JudasI, you say you want a revolution... Well, you know, we all want to change the world...

Yeshua:  If you haven't noticed, this blog is called the "Love 'n PEACE blog." I am not carrying a sword. Instead, I am offering you the keys to your prison.

Matthew:  I'm pretty sure I can work with this story, but I think it needs a bigger fight scene.

Monychangrrr:  I am SO gonna SUE YOU for pain and suffering for pulling my beard! And for libel! My father was NOT a goat thief! He was a camel thief!

Scribe4Hire:  @Monychangrrr, I am available to represent you. FREE consultation!

Phar-i-C:  Fights in the Temple are such... Umm, that's pretty cool, actually. @JudasI  killed your avatar last night in Worlds of Warcraft.

JudasI:  SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!!

MaryM:  Can you pick up some unleavened bread on your way home from the Temple? 

Publius Severus:  Did someone say something about the Romans?

Brian:  Romanes eunt domus!

Publius Severus:  What?

Yeshua:  @Monychangrrr Forgive me. I behaved badly. I love you.

Phar-i-C:  I'm going to throw up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment