Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

Day 16, 12th Moon, Civil Year 3760

Happy Hanukkah, everyone!

I can tell winter's coming. Brrr! It must be 99 F out here. Ah, gotta love the desert. Note to self:  next time I go on a 40-day hike, I need to bring a GPS. And maybe some peanut butter. It goes well with the manna.

Not much going on, really. I healed a leper and asked him not to tell everyone, so of course he told everyone. Leave it to me to heal the town blabbermouth. After that, everybody wanted to be my friend. "Hey, Rabbi, can I buy you a glass of wine?" I love wine, don't get me wrong, but there's a limit to how much even I can drink. I told the disciples that we need to leave town early tomorrow. So happy for early checkout...

All right, I'll cut to the chase. Here's my Love 'n Peace message for all you wonderful people:
God would literally be diminished without you. That's right. That's how important you are. Without you, God is missing a piece of itself. Kind of blows you away, doesn't it? But it's true. And you are LOVED more than I can say. You are so dear, and you matter so much. Hey—I love you. And I really mean that.

Now I'm off to see that new movie about the kid wizard. As they say (or as Romans with faulty grammar might say), "Lumos!" Let your light shine!

Love and peace,
Yeshua Ben-Joseph


Previous Comments:

Simon:  Rabbi, will you PLEASE let me look at these before you post? You need to adopt a more serious tone.

Matthew:  I'm actually with Simon on this one.

Simon:  Is it snowing? Is hell freezing?

John:  I do think that you could take love and peace a little more seriously, Rabbi.

Yeshua:  Come on, guys! Part of love is having a sense of humor! Joy is our natural state! Let's give a little JOY to the world! Hey, that would make a good song.

MaryM:  Lol! I'll start it. "Jeremiah was a bullfrog..."

Yeshua:  Ha, speaking of someone who really needed to lighten up...

Jeremiah:  On the tenth day of the fifth month, in the nineteenth year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, Nebuzaradan commander of the imperial guard, who serves the king of Babylon, will come to Jerusalem AND BURN EVERYTHING TO THE GROUND if you do not take that back!

Yeshua:  Very funny, Peter.

Phar-i-C:  Love and peace is such crap!!!

JudasI:  SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!

Phar-i-C:  @JudasI  meet me later?

Monychangrrr:  Super deal on Hanukkah candles! Guaranteed to burn for 8 days! Free shipping!!!

Publius Severus:  @Jeremiah You must have a permit to prophesy. The fine is 50 denarii. I'll be around to collect it.

Jeremiah:  jk!

No comments:

Post a Comment